The bridge that will take you to new options for the future
Being international means expanding your horizons and that’s why the Hochschule Bremerhaven, the German University of Applied Sciences, and the Faculty of Business Sciences and Tourism of Ourense have entered into an agreement for inter-institutional cooperation which leads to students in BAM in Ourense being able to achieve the double degree: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration in the Hochschule Bremerhaven and the Bachelor’s Degree in BAM in the University of Vigo.
What is a Interinstitutional agreements on mutual degrees recognition?
It is an agreement that takes place between universities with the objective of providing the students from both institutions, after an exchange period, with an official academic degree provided by both institutions. The students have the opportunity to live an international experience, essential for an increasingly global professional environment.
Who can apply and when should be the application submitted?
Students must apply for it while they are studying the third year in BAM in the Faculty of Business Sciences and Tourism, once the Erasmus + call has been launched, which is around January. In case of renouncing to the grant, the deadline to present the applications to both institutions is the 31st of May, and the students will receive the letter of acceptance before the 1st of July.
Which are the academic prerequisites?
In order to participate in the Interinstitutional agreements on mutual degrees recognition, the students from the University of Vigo must have passed the first three years in the Bachelor’s Degree in BAM. This is equivalent to 180 ECTS. In addition to that, the students must have an appropriate level of English and German. Both institutions will help the students achieve the required levels through support classes before and during the programme.
Which are the selection criteria?
Students will be selected and admitted in the joint programme depending on their academic results, their motivation and their languages skills. This selection process will take place as a collaboration of the two institutions.
Which is the language used in class?
The subjects for the students in the joint degree programme will be taught in English.
Which are my rights and obligations?
- The period of full-time study should not exceed the two terms (1 year)
- The Hochschule Bremerhaven will help the students during the housing search, and to get socially and culturally integrated
- The joint degree programme students will be subject to the rules and regulations of the Hochschule Bremerhaven, and will have the same rights and privileges than all the other students of the University
- The students are allowed to carry out an internship within the exchange period
- The students are allowed to enter in exchange programmes while they are staying in Hochschule Bremerhaven
- The students have the right to participate in any introductory programme designed for foreign students
- The tuition fees of the students will be paid by the Faculty of Business Sciences and Tourism, paying in the Hochschule Bremerhaven only the administrative charges
- At the end of the study period, the Hochschule Bremerhaven will issue an academic certification with the passed subjects
What should be included in the applications?
Students must include a copy of a health insurance which covers the time staying in the Hochschule Bremerhaven, the passport or ID, a report from the home university which indicates having been selected for the programme, a curriculum vitae, an academic certificate which include the subjects and the marks achieved, and the application form to carry out the joint degree between the Faculty of Business Sciences and Tourism and the HS-Bremerhaven correctly signed and stamped by the University of Vigo.
Who should I contact to if I have any doubts?
If you have any doubts, the officers both for the academic and coordination aspects in international joint bachelor’s degree programme are:
Elena De Prada Creo
Vice Dean of International Relations
Campus As Lagoas s/n
+34 988 368 726
Gerhard M. Feldmeier
Konrektor – Vicerrector en la Hochschule Bremerhaven
An der Karlstadt 8
27568 Bremerhaven – Germany
00 49 471 4823 137